Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mushroom Noodle Miso Soup

I created this noodle soup last Thursday for lunch. I knew that I wanted to eat some more mushrooms. After searching my fridge, I came up with this quick & easy idea.

Heat a pot of 2-3 cups water to a boil. Stir in 1 tbsp white miso paste, mix well and then add portabella mushrooms, white button mushrooms, green cabbage and baby spinach, cook for 5 minutes. Add soy sauce or salt & pepper to taste. Serve over cooked rice noodle, drizzle some Sriracha Chili Sauce if you like it spicy. I loved it so much, I wished I could have made more.

5 comments:

  1. I never make rice noodles and I don't know why! A friend of mine made green curry and poured it over rice noodles and I said to myself "Why didn't I think of that!" I love noodles. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim. I love noodles too but I've never tried with green curry. It sounds great, I have to make it soon. You're right, I've never seen rice noodles on your blog. I can't wait to see what you will come up with noodle dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for noodles dish!! I'll try some,
    thanks for yummy-looking picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear nuan
    do u have any recipe of some spicy veggie soup ?
    ( something like Tom Yum ) now i'm renovating my kitchen , as soon as everything is ok i 'll try your " easy veggie tofu " but i'll use asparagus instead of green beans , it 'll be my first dish! you know, for 19 yrs of my marriage life i went to the market only 2-3 times !!! so shameful !! .......Dr.Tui......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dr. Tui,
    I love Tom Yum and I saw the recipe from one of my Thai cook books. I'll definitely be making this dish soon, thanks so much for such a great idea. Asparagus with tofu sound so delicious, I have to try that too. I can't wait to hear about what you're cooking!!! Hope your kitchen will be ready by the time I am in Bangkok!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete