Thursday, October 1, 2009

VeganMoFo 2009!!!

Starting TODAY... for the entire month of October, vegan bloggers from all over the world will be writing about vegan food as much as they can to tell people how delicious vegan food is and it's so worth it to talk about!!!

I didn't sign up to participate in this awesomeness but I thought I would like to experiment eating and cooking vegan food in October to see how much I like it!

And...of course, I'll try to blog as much as I can:)
Oh! So exciting!!!!

More about MoFo go to here

Green Smoothie Day 4
This morning, I was so happy that I had all the ingredients the recipe called for. I loved it MORE with the fresh taste of the coconut water. I was feeling so energetic at work!...YAY!
This baby makes my green smoothie tastes...Mmmmmm GOOD!!!
Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and Mango
I made this Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and Mango from home to share with friends at work. I found the recipe from The Vegan Mouse's Blog . I used a cup of celery diced instead of scallions and extra virgin olive oil instead of grapeseed oil. I didn't have red bell pepper so I skipped it.
To be honest with you... this was my first time trying Quinoa and I thought I liked it but the taste of this salad was kinda brand to me, I had to season it with more salt & pepper. However, I was so glad that everyone at work enjoyed it very much. I heard someone said "The flavor was so fresh and bright"!...YUM!!!


Pasta Dinner
Tonight, we had pasta with mushroom and garlic sauce (Barilla brand), cooked with lots of love by Easy Veggie Dad,... so tasty! I put a LOT of sweet basil (from my garden) in my plate after I took the above pic.
I'm so grateful that easy and yummy meal like this one doesn't need any meat in it!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh that qunioa salad looks great!

    How do I post the awards on the sidebar? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for vegan Mofo! :)
    coconut water? does it taste similar to coconut milk but without the creaminess?
    Ive never cooked with qunioa before, is it similar to couscous? Your introducing me to all these new things :)

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't sign up for Vegan Mo Fo either, but I think it's awesome!!!! That pasta looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. The salad looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love coconut water. I wish I could drink it all the time. I'm glad you're trying vegan for a whole month! I think you're going to have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo!! Good start with great choices of food & beautiful post for the first day of VeganMoFo!!
    I enjoy reading & looking @ the pictures of your food @ the same time. Every dish looks inviting
    & making me wanted to cook for myself, too.
    You should be proud of yourself & your easy veggie
    dad for making pasta dish... congratulations &
    thanks for your inspirations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many great vegan recipes to try. Have fun experimenting!

    ReplyDelete