My son, Nathan who loves my fried rice so much has requested this dish because he wanted his friend, Kaevan (Dee Dee's son) to try it. I hope my vegan friends would understand why I used eggs in this dish. I've just become a vegetarian for less than a year because of health reasons. I'm intolerant of dairy products so I try to avoid them as much as I can. I still include eggs in my diet but I didn't eat eggs during my Vegan Food Experiment. I started to eat them again last week and I feel perfectly fine.
This is how I cook my fried rice:
1) Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic, stir until golden brown.
2) Add 2 eggs, stir and cook for few minutes, add cooked rice, soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce, and a couple drops of agave syrup (secret ingredient), keep stirring.
3) Add frozen mixed vegetables, stir to mix all the ingredients together about 2 minutes and lower the heat. Cover for 5 minutes and stirring gently about 2-3 minutes more.
I've been fascinated with any kind of rice dish. I grew up eating rice all my life, I truly believe that I can't live without it. So here are some wonderful recipes that I've found and can't wait to experiment with. Hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do:
- Ginger Rice with Sesame Seeds from Authentic Food Delights Blog
- Ghee Rice from Kothiyavunu Blog
- Microwave Coconut Milk Vegetable Rice from Kothiyavunu Blog
- Sesame Fried Rice from Simply Life Blog
- Vegetable Fried Rice from Collaborative Curry Blog
- Thai Fried Rice from Vegan Dad Blog
Note: Please send me your link if you have posted any rice dishes, I'd love to add yours to my collection. Thank you in advance:)
That's all for today, I'm still working on other dishes and hope I would be able to share them with you very soon. Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and leaving such wonderful comments. I always appreciate your time, I'll visit your blogs as soon as possible.
Have a lovely week, everyone:)